1991’s If Looks Could Kill is trying to be Naked Gun plus Red Dawn, but 1) we already had that movie (Gotcha!); 2) that wasn’t good either; and 3) Booker‘s Richard Grieco isn’t as good at this well-cheekboned mall-pizza leading man deal as Christian Slater was. But is the Darren Star screenplay the problem? Indifferent direction of Grieco and Gabrielle “Tricia the figure skater” Anwar? The contrast between these thespians and Roger Rees and Linda Hunt? Or did this script just molder in a desk drawer past its sell-by date? Grab some adhesive high-tops and join us for the most inert Bond spoof money could buy!
Get This Club Exclusive Episode
Listen to this bonus episode and dozens of others by becoming a club member at Patreon. AWAWT episodes drop every Friday of the month. Perks include all episodes of AWAWT, ad-free episodes of AWT, Discord chat access, and monthly Again With Them episodes for high rollers at the $5 or up tiers.
- 📅 Published July 21, 2023
- If Looks Could Kill on YouTube
- ✍️ Owen Gleiberman's review for EW
- 👍 Roger Ebert's bafflingly positive take
- 🌴 Join The AWT Club for bonus episodes
- 👕 Shop the Again With This store at Through Methods
- 📚 Buy our book, A Very Special 90210 Book
- ☎️ Thoughts or questions? Call our hotline at 210.920.4699